Will the A7711 be mirorless

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,977Gear list
Like?
Re: Don't get your hopes up yet.
In reply to 123Mike, 8 months ago

TrojMacReady wrote:

CDAF still seems to be used for the last (precision) stage of the AF chain too (besides the smallest apertures and extremely low light). Once PDAF works fully without the help of CDAF, it may happen.

But really though? Have you seen how fast the A6000 focuses? I doubt there is any back-and-forth homing in. In order for it to be *that* snappy, the focus has got to be just one decisive move to spot on!

But of course, if that is true, then why have any CDAF any all? I can't answer that.

CDAF is used for precision. You don't see the typical back and forth CDAF trait because a part of the hybrid design is to minimize that effect. In fact, as I noted earlier, Sony is using a PDAF like motor set up in RX10 eventhough it is a CDAF camera. The processing power and AF movement has improved dramatically allowing these improvements.

If you look into early hybrid AF system (5R/6), PDAF was only to get close enougj with final tuning via CDAF. With a6000, the PDAF role may have increased combined with a much faster support system including the new processor.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow