Nikon 105 for butterfly collection

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Peter Damroth
Contributing MemberPosts: 572Gear list
Like?
Re: butterfly collection & R1C1 macro twin flash
In reply to TQGroup, 6 months ago

TQGroup wrote:

Thank you Dave for all the invaluable information, particularly on the RC1/C1! I will definitely fully investigate this option as I will be able to work from a table.

One of my concerns is being able to "nail" the shot in the camera! Can you image going through 10,000 shots and doing a PP on each... it would be enough to "P" you right off!!:-)

I am an opportunistic macro photographer... so while hanging up the washing one morning; I know, I've already been told I'm an "old woman" before, I noticed this creature having breakfast on the clothesline. It is an Insect Assassin or Bee Eater feasting on an unknown fly.

The only possible shot was directly into the sun on a uniformly cloudy morning, and as speed was obviously of the essence, I put a " GF light sphere" on the SB910 to diffuse the light and hand held the D600 + 105 VR at F11, ISO 560 and shot i-TTL at 1/750 with spot metering and manual focus, VR on:

6274 crop sml D600 + 105 VR + SB910 + GF lightsphere F11 1/750 ISO 560 spot, manual focus, VR on HH SOOC- no PP 100% crop reduced size

Cheers Andrew

Andrew, how did you sync with the camera at 1/750 sec.?

-- hide signature --

Peter Damroth Photography

Peter Damroth's gear list:Peter Damroth's gear list
Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n Nikon D300 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow