Canon Pixma Pr0100 - Can't get it to print right

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Jim Hess
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,679
Like?
Re: Canon Pixma Pr0100 - Can't get it to print right
In reply to Mark McCormick, 3 months ago

There certainly has been a lot of information provided in this thread, and a lot of personal opinions. Unfortunately, most of the information is good. But it's hard to get your head around all of that. Basically, you've got to get your monitor in your printer to match. There are calibration devices that can be purchased that will help in doing this, but they can't do everything. It seems that one of the most common problems is that the monitor is too bright. I don't have a calibration device, but I have painstakingly spent hours matching my monitor to my printer. I've had my monitor for several years and got it to match my old HP printer fairly well. That printer doesn't use profiles, and you cannot turn off color management in it. So it was critical that I get them as close as possible. When I got my Pixma Pro-100 I downloaded a calibration photo to see how close the two would match. This is a file I assembled in Photoshop. The first is the unretouched photo simply opened in Photoshop; the second is an unretouched scan of the same image. Though not perfect, it's close enough for me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow