Jobu Jnr or Jobu PRO2 Gimbal for 80-400mmG on D800 ?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Paul Richman
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,116Gear list
Like?
Custom Brackets LB with Varizoom ChickenFoot Monopod
In reply to exRhodesian, 8 months ago

exRhodesian wrote:

Hi,

Would the 80-400mm +D800 work okay on the Jobu Pro2 gimbal or would it be better to go for the Jobu Junior ? One never knows if one gets a larger lens in future which is why I'm considering the Pro2.

I'm also upgrading my early-90's Manfrotto 055 steel tripod to a new Gitzo 5542LS to use with the gimbal - the gitzo should be far more stable. Anyone had problems with the 5542LS ?

Will the Jobu Pro2 be okay with for 80-400mm or better getting the Jobu Jnr gimbal ?

Thanks,

Adrian

I"ve never used the Jobu.  Hear good things about them, but I just don't like that "Wimberly" tube design.  Just an aesthetic predilection.

I'm using the above (title) combo and getting great results even at 1/4 sec, with my D800e and new 80-400.  The CB LB is lightweight and smooth, excellent.  The ChickenFoot is light and compact.  I can move quickly with it, without being too conspicuous, and be setup in a flash.  Stabilization on that lens is terrific, so I don't see why you need a beefy tripod with it.  You can see some of my results with this combo on my website in the "New Works" or "Animals" tabs.

-- hide signature --

Paul Richman
Pixels By Paul
http://PixelsByPaul.500px.COM
"There's a good picture nearby. Find it. Take it. Share it."

Paul Richman's gear list:Paul Richman's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow