Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
vladi1234567
Contributing MemberPosts: 738
Like?
Re: DF - low light focusing speed?
In reply to InTheMist, 6 months ago

InTheMist wrote:

Hugo First wrote:

bottom line: no light or contrast, no focus.

even in low light, if you have a decently lit edge of a person, for example, it's no worse than the bigger bodies like the D800 (which i also use). in good-- but not great -- light, i've been surprised at how well the Df compares with the D800 in obtaining focus on moving subjects. not saying it's perfect, just better than you'd expect given all the negativity.

on the minus side, that cluster of AF points can seem a little constraining, if you're used to having 51 of them across the frame -- even worse if you're coming from a 51-point cam like a D300.

but given the sensitivity of the sensor, gosh, it just opens up opportunities for getting shots that you just don't have without springing for a D4(s).

This is my experience too. ISO H1, find a location with 1/50th shutter speed with kit lens, can I focus? No.

-- hide signature --

It's more important how an image looks as a thumbnail than how it looks at 100%.
http://inthemistphoto.com

By kit lens - do you mean 50 1.8G?  The Df wouldn't lock focus in H1 and 1/50th?

-- hide signature --

D700, RX100, RX1
www.vnkphoto.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow