D9300 - For real or just another tease?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Geomaticsman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,549Gear list
Like?
Re: A double hit Renato...
In reply to PatrickP, 8 months ago

PatrickP wrote:

Can't help but wonder if the D600 ("dust and oil") and D800 ("left AF") QA issues left a lot of loyal Nikon users dis-interested in new Nikon offerings.

It could also be that lots of folks waiting for the true D300 and D700 replacements gave up waiting, either by switching to a different brand or gave up their gear lust altogether.

Well, Nikon's handling of the D800 focus and D600 shutter disasters never really cheezed me off, but if Canon can close the gap with Nikon on sensor performance with the 7DII (they're already there with the 1Dx), I'm planning on switching for Canon's superior supertele lineup -- the ergonomics alone would be worth the switch to me (i.e. being able to hand hold the 600 IS II and the 400 IS II and not having to worry about turning IS off at higher shutter speeds). Nikon's decision to abandon Capture NX2 makes the decision even easier.

-- hide signature --

Gary -- Some Nikon stuff -- and a preference for wildlife in natural light
www.pbase.com/garyirwin

Geomaticsman's gear list:Geomaticsman's gear list
Nikon D800 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR Canon EF 500mm f/4.0L IS II USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow