m3/4 mirrorless vs sony mirrorless

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
yonsarh
Senior MemberPosts: 1,094Gear list
Like?
Re: m3/4 mirrorless vs sony mirrorless
In reply to Dave Lively, 5 months ago

Dave Lively wrote:

I switched from a Sony NEX-5N to a GX7 late last year. The larger sensor does give the NEX an edge in image quality but the cameras are close enough in that category you make your decision on other factors.

I am not familiar with the A6000 but my GX7 has a lot more physical controls that lets set the camera the way I want quickly and without having to stop and look at the LCD while searching through menus. There are also more lenses available for the GX7, the lack of a decent long lens for NEX was a big factor in my switching to m43. If you are going to stick with the kit lens initially the one on the GX7 is better than the one that came with my NEX-5N.

But if you are happy with the control layout of the A6000 and Sony has the lenses you want the A6000 is currently about $300 less expensive and has an edge (although not a large one) in image quality.

thx for the additional informations.  AF will not be issue because my main use will be using only a manual focus lens from Nikon . As I see it on Amazon, both a6000 and gx7 are somewhat same price,which fits perfect on my budget.

yonsarh's gear list:yonsarh's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Sony SLT-A57
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow