m4/3 not allowed on Lower Antelope Canyon photo tour

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
D200_4me
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,407Gear list
Like?
Gordon Laing too
In reply to genesys9, 6 months ago

He mentioned this happened to him too with a Panasonic m4/3 camera. I think what is being discussed here is the PRIVATE photography tour...the more expensive and limited tour. You can however take your point and shoot or iPhone and snap all you want on one of the more crowded general tours. I took the crowded tour with my D600 last year, but there was no rules on what camera could or couldn't be used on that particular tour. But sure, it was very crowded and nearly impossible to get some shots with no people.

I did manage to get a few no-people shots though. Not many...and I had very limited time...point, shoot and move on. Quickly.

http://www.openbloom.com/VACATION-AND-SHORT-TRIPS/PARKS/Grand-Canyon/

Oh and by the way, they (the Navajo) charged us PER person to park in their lot....not a fee for the car, but a per person parking fee (me, wife and 8 year old son).  Oh well....if you want to see it, they control it.  They're not the most flexible crowd to deal with.  They know they'll have a steady stream of people willing to pay to enter.  I saw lots of foreign tourists during my visit.

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow