Jobu Jnr or Jobu PRO2 Gimbal for 80-400mmG on D800 ?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
exRhodesian
Regular MemberPosts: 399
Like?
Re: Jobu Jnr or Jobu PRO2 Gimbal for 80-400mmG on D800 ?
In reply to Dr Bob, 8 months ago

Hi Andy,

I remember the recommendations on getting a new foot , and another to ensure that the collar was really tight so I checked the collar and managed to tighten it a bit more hoping that this would solve the issue taking bird shots in my back garden using my Manfrotto 322 pistol-head instead of the 3-way 029 head. Simply pressing the shutter while on the 322 head I could notice ever-slight movement in the D800. When using it in my backyard taking birds (which is generally in the shade) shooting at < 640asa and at least f8  I found that the ShutterSpeed is at least 1/125-1/250sec with the shots not as sharp as I would like them to be as I like to keep below 800asa for noise.

So I decided that using the shutter-cable from either hand could rule out  both 'Camera-shake'  and 'insecure tripod head' . I have found that this has helped in getting the shots sharper looking.

The reason for the new gimbal head / tripod is for when going outdoors as the 322 pistol-grip head is not suitable for panning to capture birds in flight.

Here is one shot from my back yard and another taken in the open with a 100% crop to show the quality of the 80-400mm both taken on the 055 tripod using the 322 head for the bird and the 029 head for the aircraft. There was plenty light for the aircraft to shoot at 100asa whereas the birds are often in the shade.

Thanks,

Adrian

D800 + 80-400G on tripod

D800 +80-400G

D800 + 80-400G with 100% crop

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow