Panasonic GF3 and 100-300 lens in St. Petersburg

Started 8 months ago | Photos thread
ambercool
Contributing MemberPosts: 707Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic GF3 and 100-300 lens in St. Petersburg
In reply to Electriq, 8 months ago

I think the problem here is that you need to post process a little bit more.  Not that I condone doing it overly and claiming it's still a photo when it's really art.  What I am saying is that our eyes gather light differently so those photos aren't quite real yet.  Sometimes you can get it right, especially once you've reached a certain level you can get some pretty close true-to-life images from jpeg.

I'm not going to tell you exactly what to do, but as you can see the camera and lens light gathering relationship can be deceiving so I would bring more things in detail with some extra contrast.  This would give it a more dimensional feel.  Then I would work on popping some of the colors.

Honestly, your photos are really not bad.  I can see why you took those shots regardless of what anyone says.  You are imaging it a certain way and all I am asking is for you to bring that vision out.  If that is not how you envision it then don't show it.  Go back and take that photo a thousand times if you have to.  If it would be better if 3 red cars passed by that scene then go each time waiting for that to happen just like in your mind, and snap it.

One other thing you can try is to do sunset/sunrise photos on these scenes.  If this is truly dull to you then adding the sun makes a huge difference.  I would even compare that amazing moment as giving life to anything God put on this earth.

I hope I wasn't being critical and my intent is to just share my thoughts.  Thank you for the shots and opportunity to C&C.

GL!

-- hide signature --

-Viet

ambercool's gear list:ambercool's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D70 Leica M Typ 240 Olympus PEN E-P5 Fujifilm X-E2 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow