m4/3 not allowed on Lower Antelope Canyon photo tour

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
MatsP
Senior MemberPosts: 1,169Gear list
Like?
Re: His tour, his rules
In reply to Joerg V, 8 months ago

So what is the deal?

No matter how reasonable/stupid his rules are, they should have been clear to you in the first place.

This seems to be once again one of those "4/3 as good as dslr" rants in disguise.

Anyway, I hope you found another tour that does not impose that restriction on you.

Cheers

Joerg

Yes if it's just a tour the organiser is free to have whatever requirements he/she wants. I got the impression from the OP that these were restrictions for just visiting the area and that sounded ridiculous to me.

Do the Navajos really own the land, as a tribe, or nation? That's interesting, in my country the Same people don't own any land as a tribe (they can own land as any private person can do of course) but they have exclusive right to keep reindeers in the whole Sapmi area, which is the northern half of my country, whoever happen to own the land (the mountain areas are owned generally by the state, the forests mainly by big companies but also farmers). And all land is free for everybody to visit, pick berrys or mushrooms, put up a tent for a few nights as long as you keep away from private houses.. And you can take photographs.

MatsP's gear list:MatsP's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Canon Pixma MG8150 DxO Optics Pro Standard +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow