Good-bye Sony. Until we meet again.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
David Wyman
Regular MemberPosts: 251Gear list
Like?
The Power of Flickr
In reply to hollywoodhawk, 6 months ago

"What really sold me though? Flickr."

My feeling is that you wouldn't, OP, be able to tell the difference between an Oly and a Sony if you stared at two random prints on a wall, one from each camera. Nor do I think you could you tell the difference on a computer monitor.

There were a few reasons I went with an NEX. One, the design; I love the flat top; there is less camera to get in my way. Two, I can crop a little more out of the Sony than an Oly. Three, I like the lack of weight, compared to my DSLR collection.

As far as the images that come out of almost all of my cameras, including my smallest digicams, I really don't see much difference in quality or color, not enough to make me give one away and try another. I have no fear of making a photo look more the way I want it to after I depress the shutter, whether I've got a jpg or raw image.

I  didn't base my decision on photos from other cameras I saw online. To each her or his own, though. Everyone should be allowed their own reasons for choosing the cameras they like and I don't think one reason is more valid than another.

David Wyman's gear list:David Wyman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D300 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D600 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow