Started Apr 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
David Wyman
Regular MemberPosts: 323Gear list
Like?
The Power of Flickr
In reply to hollywoodhawk, Apr 4, 2014

"What really sold me though? Flickr."

My feeling is that you wouldn't, OP, be able to tell the difference between an Oly and a Sony if you stared at two random prints on a wall, one from each camera. Nor do I think you could you tell the difference on a computer monitor.

There were a few reasons I went with an NEX. One, the design; I love the flat top; there is less camera to get in my way. Two, I can crop a little more out of the Sony than an Oly. Three, I like the lack of weight, compared to my DSLR collection.

As far as the images that come out of almost all of my cameras, including my smallest digicams, I really don't see much difference in quality or color, not enough to make me give one away and try another. I have no fear of making a photo look more the way I want it to after I depress the shutter, whether I've got a jpg or raw image.

I  didn't base my decision on photos from other cameras I saw online. To each her or his own, though. Everyone should be allowed their own reasons for choosing the cameras they like and I don't think one reason is more valid than another.

David Wyman's gear list:David Wyman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D60 Nikon D300 Sony Alpha NEX-7 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow