My dream full-frame camera.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
robin t
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Re: My dream full-frame camera.
In reply to Malikknows, 6 months ago

Malikknows wrote:

I don't agree, Jack. It is a fair question to ask why our cameras have to be so complex. Can't technology be employed to make them simpler? Do our cameras have to be computers with lenses on them? Do they have to be packed with features few of us will ever use? It is not simply nostalgia at work here, and it is certainly not snobbery, at least for me. I'm not a computer geek but I love taking photos, thinking about composition and light and experiencing the moment. I use a small fraction of the tech that's available in my 5D and do wonder if I wouldn't enjoy myself more without it. It is fair to consider the question of whether or not this spectacular technology is not for its own sake, rather than for the sake of photography or even art.

Notwithstanding these concerns, I am grateful for these incredibly competent and innovative instruments and for the scientists and engineers who make them possible -- at such high levels of reliability yet for such low cost.

Yours, Malik

Yeah Malik, what you said. Also, Jack, I gotta say that it would be fine if all the features were there but that so many things hadn't been taken away, such as:

Lightweight and small camera bodies
Manual aperture rings that have full stops at either end. 
Focus rings with full stops.

All I'm saying is that I would gladly give up all the fancy extras and focussing aids and even the screen if it would make the camera lighter and/or cheaper.

I've gone on in length (just now) about how important having the physical feedback from the camera that comes with manual controls, so I won't repeat it, but that is what is missing, IMO from todays SLRs at any price.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yuckNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow