Oly 75mm or...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,061Gear list
Like?
Re: Oly 75mm or...
In reply to kcinesser, 4 months ago

kcinesser wrote:

To be honest, now I'm even less decided! Hearing a lot of good things about the 60mm. Wishing there was an easy way for me to test both. Might try and get them from lensrentals or something. Thanks for the help all.

Cheers.

You really don't need to test either one - they are the two sharpest lenses made for Micro 4/3 cameras. And that's not a controversial statement at all.   Either you have the budget for the 75mm, as well as the need for that length and speed, or you don't.

I personally didn't.   But I could certainly rationalize a 1 and 1/3 stop slower, slightly shorter lens that weighs half as much, for a small fraction of the cost.

If I had a serious need to shoot indoor sports, or runway fashion, professionally, I'd be all over the 75mm lens.   But since I don't do either of those, the 75mm lens would be something I only used occasionally - and the price is just too high, IMHO, for me personally to justify for a lens I would only occasionally be using, and never for something that my livelihood depended on.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow