D9300 - For real or just another tease?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Adrian Van
Regular MemberPosts: 407Gear list
Like?
Re: Would you be OK with XQD slot instead of CF, Jim?
In reply to greenmanphoto, 7 months ago

I would guess, odds are the new D9300 camera would not have 4K video, so Nikon can reserve that feature for the next version of FF camera. I would hope though for Full HD instead at 1080 and 60P or 30P. Likely will have some type of video, as most new cameras have it. New PDAF on sensor would be nice if possible.

And as a faster fps camera for sports or wildlife shooters, maybe still photos is all many people need. But more people using video these days, as it becomes more popular and better in new cameras. And Nikon would want to attract diversity of new buyers looking for higher spec features (without having to go full frame).

As a higher spec than a D7100 camera or higher model number, it would be higher priced. My guess, between $1800 or up to $2300 maybe depending on feature set. However, if they decide not to use as rugged as D300 body, maybe price would be lower, like $1600 to $1800 to start. Maybe.

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Fujifilm X-M1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow