m4/3 not allowed on Lower Antelope Canyon photo tour

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Michael Meissner
Forum ProPosts: 23,231Gear list
Like?
Re: Love it, love it, love it Michael!
In reply to Hen3ry, 8 months ago

Hen3ry wrote:

You are a total whacko in the best possible way. I would never do what you have done but absolutely love it and what it says about your approach to life!

Thanks.  The original motivation was to disguise the camera.  My wife and I attend various renaissance faires (mostly local to New England, but we usually travel to one or more out of state).  When I'm an official photographer, the camera is being used all of the time, so it doesn't matter whether I disguise it.  But when I go as a patron, I do at times want to hide the camera.  I originally though of embedding it in a stuffed animal mascot, but I could never find the right shape.

Then I got started reading the various classic mystery writers from the 1930's (Agatha Christie, Dorthy Sayers) and the image of the 1930's news photographer sprung to mind.  Now, I had done darkroom work in high school, and I really didn't want to go back to waiting for the film to be developed (for various reasons, doing my own developing is out).  So since I was thinking of disguising my camera, it was natural to think of disguising it as a bellows film camera.

What a solution! LOL!

Gawd, here's a thought -- maybe I should be carving out a coconut for my G6!

Go for it.  Bear in mind, unless you are lucky or skilled, the first few won't turn out, so don't get discouraged early.  In the 4 years I've been doing it, I've gone through several redesigns.  In 2012, I gave a talk of the history and various mods I've done to the camera: Steampunk camera talk

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus C-2100 UZ Olympus Tough TG-2 Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow