My personal Df review

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Huckles
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
Re: My personal Df review
In reply to Felts, 5 months ago

As with all comparisons or experience, it comes down to what you have used or what your used to.  Coming from the D4, D3s, D800 e.t.c  of course the 'lesser' AF 39 point system is weaker but as I also state in my review, I can work around that... but that's where this camera gets people emotional.  At this price point, should we have to?

It's certainly not bad, far from it.  In good light it is damn fine and fast (as should most AF systems be).  Just in my line of work, it CAN get dicey.  But for most intents and purposes it will be more than fine. 

The 'feeling' of cheapness is not solely in it's weight.  It's the tangible elements, like feel, shape, balance.

The position of the should strap lug on the right hand side is this.. the shoulder strap MUST fall between your index finger and middle finger for you to shoot with the Df.  Which it doesn't and isn't required to do so on ALL other camera bodies I have ever used, including all manufactuerers.  I'm sure there is a 'reason' for placing it there but if your bringing the camera up and down constantly, the wrestling with the strap is such a nuisance.  Not a major problem at all, but something which has to be considered.

These are just my thoughts out in the field...

V

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow