Like?
Re: 1DX Immersed in the River
In reply to billythek, 8 months ago

billythek wrote:

riknash wrote:

Howard S wrote:

Julius T Santos wrote:

DKCJB wrote:

Just curious, what lens was on it and how's it doing? There was a lens on it right?

Finally got the call from Canon's Service Center in HKG ... total cost for repairs of the 1DX and the 16-35 f2.8 II lens comes out to $1,300 ... it comes with a 6 month warranty ... what a big sigh of relief ...

-- hide signature --

www.juliussantos.com

HK$ or U$?

USD ...

-- hide signature --

www.juliussantos.com

Your very lucky.

I have to commend the technicians at Canon Service Center in Hong Kong ... I got the camera back today (10 day turnaround) ... they even changed the body of the camera ...

-- hide signature --

www.juliussantos.com

This is an interesting story. I guess it explains why they can repair the camera and give a warranty without fear of long term water damage causing problems later. It is not clear to me how they make a profit doing this, though, considering they are fixing both the camera and lens.

Unless the water damage was extremely minor, and they did the body replacement just for the sake of convenience, and they will strip, clean, and reuse parts from your camera for other repairs.

Anyway, consider yourself lucky to get by so cheaply.

One other question, when you sent the camera in, did you see any evidence of water getting inside the internals of the lens? And now the lens looks perfect without any water-spotting, etc?
--
- Bill

They make the profit by charging an arm and a leg for the camera when you buy it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow