Apple Aperture software

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
KAllen
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,740Gear list
Like?
Re: No, it's the voice of frustration and experience.
In reply to The Photo Ninja, 7 months ago

The Photo Ninja wrote:

I'm quite capable of coming to that conclusion on my own.

Depends what you want to do. If it's DAM you want go with Aperture it's brilliant. If it's just converting a raw file to something else then Capture One Pro.

I use Aperture every working day, it does a good job converting Canon files, I very rarely need anything else to get the image converted from raw to tiff/jpg. It's all there quick and easy to use.

I've tried various LR editions just incase I was missing something brilliant, I found it cluttered and fussy. Don't mistake Apertures simplicity of use as meaning it's not capable or sophisticated.

It is handling for me about 6TB of archives. To be honest I found Photoshop to be the least capable converter for Canon RAW, Canon's own does a better job than the Adobe range. I have Photoshop whatever number we are up to now and I hardly ever touch it. I also have Topaz as a plugin for Aperture and rarely use that either, Aperture does a very good job and is easy to learn and use.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow