Oly 75mm or...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
brentbrent
Contributing MemberPosts: 840Gear list
Like?
Re: Oly 75mm or...
In reply to kcinesser, 4 months ago

kcinesser wrote:

Like I said, I've been crazy impressed with images I've seen around the web, but that price just keeps staring at me from my computer screen. Would you say it's worth the price?

I admit that I had to swallow hard to shell out $850 for it.  Whether it's worth the price may depend on your own situation and what you value.  Is a $75 bottle of excellent wine worth the price? (Maybe for an anniversary dinner, but not every night!)

I can say that I'm very glad to have it, enjoy using it, and love the images I get from it.  For me it's worth the price.

I've used it for indoor performances that aren't well-lit, portraits, and increasingly other diverse subjects.  One example: we took our dogs to an expansive off-leash dog park and I had fun shooting with the 75 as the only lens I took.  Putting aside any comparisons of different focal lengths and their usefulness, it is the best lens I own.

But, ouch, that price!

-- hide signature --

Brent

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow