Was I snookered? Purchased a very used D700.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
en792
Regular MemberPosts: 422Gear list
Like?
Re: Want to change your opinion on " I find it strange that many people here .........
In reply to T O Shooter, 3 months ago

T O Shooter wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

en792 wrote:

I find it odd that many here are singing the praises of the D700 (well, that's not the odd part), yet I have my backup D700 body sitting on eBay right now in absolutely cherry condition with 3333 shutter actuations. Yet I'm sitting on a high bid right now of around $1200. If it stays at that, I'm not parting with it.

Well you're at $1280 with a full 3 days left on the auction and 34 people watching it, so it should be safe to assume that it's going to go higher than that. Which is more than a lot of people want to pay for a D600 ( or have to ) with same type of shutter count. Which says something about the D700. Don't know what you're expecting ( $1700?? ) but you're not far off what they sell for which is about $1400 or $1500. Anything over that is a bonus.

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

are singing the praises of the D700" You sold it for $1700.00 You can buy three or four D600s for that!

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

Yep, I'll gladly change my opinion.  Looks like I was fairly accurate on pricing.  Thanks to all who gave me eBay advice here.  Actually, I'm going to buy another DF body so I can shoot wide or tight without constantly changing lenses. I'm going to Spain and Portugal next month and will be visiting a lot of cathedrals.

en792's gear list:en792's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow