My dream full-frame camera.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Jack Hass
Regular MemberPosts: 392Gear list
Like?
Re: And we thought Nikon's current management was poor
In reply to Rservello, 8 months ago

Rservello wrote:

And presumably a time travel device to sell these, because they won't sell now.

They would sell. There are still people that shoot photography for the enjoyment of mastering an art...not for the ability just to show off cool pics on facebook...or do it for a living. Would they sell for $3000....not a chance in hell. But a D610 with no LCD or auto features shouldn't cost nearly as much to produce...so it should put it into the cost range of a D7100 with the IQ of a D610. If I could get my old Canon AE-1 with a digital sensor back I would be ALL IN!

I personally shoot 100% manual and never look at the meter. I do look at the histogram in order to make sure I am exposing evenly on a test shot, but after that I just shoot and look later.

I fail to see how having aids like AF or a histo detract in any way my ability to produce art. Goodness knows im anti FB, twitter, myspace, i could care less about the social movement. That is why i like DPR, it's not about identity, it's about ideas. If all you guys are worried about is saving a few bucks perhaps you should spend a few more hours at work to finance your hobby. Or take you own advice, buy a cheap P&S.

-- hide signature --

May Satan forever guide you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yuckNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow