Oly 75mm or...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Skeeterbytes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,781Gear list
Like?
Re: Oly 75mm or...
In reply to kcinesser, 8 months ago

kcinesser wrote:

Hmm, that good huh? Like I said, I've been crazy impressed with images I've seen around the web, but that price just keeps staring at me from my computer screen. Unfortunately, where I live there isn't really an opportunity to test one out somewhere. Would you say it's worth the price?

Cheers.

Since you don't have anything nearly as long, it's a double-benefit addition to your kit with greater reach and very shallow DOFs. Have had one for a short while and really enjoy shooting it, even as a walkaround lens. It's sharp and contrasty, corner to corner. Only fly in the ointment I've seen so far is purple fringing wide open, correctable but something to watch for. In sum, zero regrets on getting one (without trying it out beforehand).

Happened to get a reconditioned one, which do show up occasionally, otherwise you can always wait for the next rebate/discount. Nine-hundred is a significant hunk o' change.

-- hide signature --

"Whiskey is for drinking, digicams are for fighting over."
—Mark Twain

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow