What is YOUR market like?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
PenguinPhotoCo
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,040Gear list
Like?
Re: What is YOUR market like?
In reply to RhysM, 5 months ago

Have had a few 'resets' in life - think starting over from nothing or near to it. Some people find such experiences freeing - if they can start from nothing once, twice why not a third time?
Those experience have had the opposite effect on me -[ I"m not a big risk taker. Never been 'rich' - always had to work too hard for what I have.

yes, risk=reward. But if the 'risk' fails..how far back does it set you?
I've known people to take risks and win..and others to do so and lose. As in their houses and the biz so their job too. Most seem to try to hang on to the dream to the end..so they end up nearly penniless liiving with family.

And not risks pan out, even if you have all the brains and expertise money can buy - just ask Coke circa 1984, or more recently JCPenney. Chrysler over the years have put it all on the line at times too..and they're a long way (ownership wise) from where they were.

Like your investment portfolio should be a mix of low risk, high risk and you shouldn't invest more than you can afford to lose I feel business is the same way.

You gotta try new things, but you have to weigh the worse case scenario (the idea flops) with the projected outcome.

Advertising increases sales. So why not go spend $25,000 on advertisnig your photography? You WILL get more sales. Enough sales? that's the risk, isn't it?

-- hide signature --

Don't seek advice from someone who is not where you want to be - CJ Lewis
My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value

PenguinPhotoCo's gear list:PenguinPhotoCo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
???New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow