m4/3 not allowed on Lower Antelope Canyon photo tour

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Michael Meissner
Forum ProPosts: 23,145Gear list
Like?
Re: m4/3 not allowed on Lower Antelope Canyon photo tour
In reply to genesys9, 6 months ago

I take the view that the tour operator can design whatever tours they want. Assuming they are limiting it to just Medium/Large format film bodies, so what? Presumably, part of the lure of the tour is meeting all of the people into that type of photography. And no doubt sit in the beer hall later, yelling at those kids walking on the grass (i.e. using any camera with a smaller sensor than 2x3"). Is it different from having a Mustang rally, and getting disappointed that they don't allow a Dodge Charger in it?

Is it worth trying to change things?  Sure, you can try.  Maybe it will work, maybe not.

While I might not ever want to join such a group, it is fairly common, particularly as people feel the changes are destroying the things that brought them into the hobby in the first place and made them special. Heck, you see it all of the times, where the full frame folk look down on the mirrorless interchangeable folk, bought groups looks down on the point & shoot cameras, and all three groups looks down on cell phone cameras.

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus C-2100 UZ Olympus Tough TG-2 Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow