Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Lee Jay
Forum ProPosts: 45,240Gear list
Like?
Re: Some of us have different priorities
In reply to Rservello, 8 months ago

Rservello wrote:

Doss wrote:

I feel inclined to jump in here as RobinT & Rservello are not alone.

To the naysayers who say there'd be no market for such things: Well, yes there would. There are many of us out there who know our gear and know how to use it in such a way that we can hit correct exposure without the need to chimp, we can hit the correct focus using manual lenses (given a suitable manual viewfinder). For me, I practiced my technique and not wasting film depended on developing this skill. We see cameras as tools we need to depend on - so durability and battery life are two of the most important factors.

So, for some of you features like an LCD & AF may be an advantage, but to us they are just a battery drain, or extra things to go wrong or add to the manufacturing costs & weight.

That's my biggest reasoning...those are useless features that add to cost and battery lose. If I could get a camera that had no extras with the IQ of the D600 for the price of the D7100 (or even D5200) that would be awesome!

Would you be willing to pay 50% more than a D600 for that?

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon IXUS 310 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yuckNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow