Oly 75mm or...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Gregm61
Forum ProPosts: 13,870Gear list
Like?
Re: Oly 75mm or...
In reply to kcinesser, 6 months ago

It's an awesome lens. The images I have captured with it are really, really sharp and the 75mm FL with the F1.8 speed can create some really narrow depth of focus.

The issue I have with the lens is, the times I do carry it the number of times it gets used are few and far between. For me, it's too short to carry as the only tele option to the 12-40, so most of the time I'm using the 12-40 combined with either the 35-100 f2.8 Panasonic for the much better versatility, the 50-200mm f2.8-3.5 Zuiko for speed and reach or the 75-300mm M. Zuiko if I want reach and lighter weight to haul around compared to the 50-200.

If I were in a position of not being able to buy something else without first selling something I already had, the 75 would have probably been gone some time ago.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow