dmanthree
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,433Gear list
Like?
Re: Good enough is always good enough
In reply to MPA1, 5 months ago

MPA1 wrote:

dmanthree wrote:

Weegee wrote:

Interesting comparison. For 1/3 the price the Nikon is a bargain. Sort of like a Porsche Cayman against a Ferrari 458. For 95% of the time, the Cayman is just as good. Bottom line as said by the photographer, " clients don't want us showing up with the same camera they have!". Ego ( and money ) drives everything.

P.S. I use to shoot 90% of the time with Hasselblads.

What I would have liked to have seen, since the Nikon is so strong with shadow noise and detail, is to underexpose the Nikon, and see how the highlights pull back. Yes, when you overexpose it blows out. At some point, all things do, digital or film. But why not take advantage of the Nikon's strengths to overcome that very minor shortcoming? Still, overall, the D800 showed very well.

And, like the shooter admitted, they need to have "bigger and more expensive" cameras than the hobbyists that show up at shoots.

Lame.

-- hide signature --

No Signature.

Hobbyists don't show up when you are shooting professional assignments!

I was just parroting the shooter's comments from the video. His words, not mine.

-- hide signature --

No Signature.

dmanthree's gear list:dmanthree's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow