Nikon 105 for butterfly collection

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,122Gear list
Like?
Manual flash control of output ratio for dual flash
In reply to ormdig, 3 months ago

I don't mean to answer for Antal, but I can answer the question.

The ratio of output applies to using two or more flash units. With any Nikon flash unit you can control fllash output in TTL mode as a ratio of full power. Using the Command mode in the menu of the D800 or using the SR-800 Command Unit you set dual flash on two or 3 channels with the ratio of output between the two units.

You can also set any flash unit in manual flash control mode and control flash for each unit as full power (1/1) or portions of that, from 1/2 to 1/128 power, in 6 steps. You can use the Command Unit with any Nikon flash. You can use radio transmitters or a direct wire sync and control any flash manually.

For more detail see my post above about the Nikon R1C1 twin macro flash kit. For more info on controlling the flash output, see the link I embedded in that same post.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow