Minolta 50s and the A7

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
kuuan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,424Gear list
Like?
Re: I have the 50 1.2....
In reply to kenetik, 8 months ago

kenetik wrote:

I know the Ricoh looks like it has a pretty nice sensor, Andreas. I love what they have done, and have always been interested in checking out their cameras and the Sigma Merrill's too, I just don't have the time to get involved in another system. Beautiful shots and thanks for all of the lens info, I have learned some good stuff from you on this thread.

Ken

Ken the sensor of the M module is still ok, not right up at the level of high ISO of modern cameras buit not all that far behind neither. It is a bit late to recommend the GXR though, compared to more modern cameras it is noticably slower. For someone who doesn't mind that it is a camera that can give great joy in use and stuill give very satisfying results too. If one is using adapted manual lenses adding a mirrorless camera of another maker isn't really buying into another system anymore, only a question of getting a new set of adapters.

since now I also have a set of adapters to Leica M mount I can use my lenses for close focusing on NEX stacking them to my M > E mount helicoid adapter

-- hide signature --

photos mostly taken with manual lenses on Ricoh GXR M, Sony NEX5N, Pentax K-x and *istDs: http://flickr.com/photos/kuuan/

kuuan's gear list:kuuan's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Pentax *ist DS Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow