Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ST13
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?
Decisions... decisions!
5 months ago

Hi to all! I need your advice in helping me decide on my next lens.

I own a GX7 and a 12-35 2.8 - that is all! (I am new to the medium and a rather novice BUT very eager to learn amateur). My picture taking is more or less limited during my travels - which I do a lot of. I believe my 12-35 will cover about 70% of my needs (I don't do any wild animal, macro, sports etc. - just the usual travel photography, i.e. towns, landscapes, portraits, night scenes in towns, restaurants etc.).

However, I feel I need something to cover longer reach. I am in between two options: 1 - the 35-100 2.8 from Panasonic and, 2 - the Pany 45-150 or Pany PZ 45-175 combined with 20mm 1.7 or Summilux 45mm 1.4. The pros and cons as I see them are:

Option 1: very good glass, covering wide range of photo situations from low light to portrait, to relatively long reach, no need to change lenses that much, a good pair to existing 12-35. - Expensive!

Option 2: Less expensive (a bit!), relatively less(?) good glass, need to change often, but covering more reach and even better suited for low light situations (especially with the Summilux).

So here you have it - what would you get? and why? Please help me decide

ST13's gear list:ST13's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow