D9300 - For real or just another tease?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Adrian Van
Regular MemberPosts: 392Gear list
Like?
Re: D9300 - I think its real, but not what you expect
In reply to sandy b, 6 months ago

The only reason to keep the buffer small on the D7100 is to leave room for a higher spec camera like D9300. (... or some might say, they left a few specs out, for reason to introduce a D7200/D7300 later on, as in not want to give too much away for next years model.)

Just like the Canon 70D leaves room for a 7Dmark2 with better specs (like maybe dual card slots, faster, more rugged). Or why tease us with a 7D2 possibility in Canon rumors?

My guess is that these APSC sensor cameras will compete head to head. 7D2 vs. D9300.
Better specs for D9300, most likely. Better build quality than D7100, who knows? Maybe.

One CF slot and SD slot? Hopefully, as better for faster Full HD video at 60P (hopefully updated from 30P in full HD), and using pro extreme Sandisk CF cards. I prefer CF.

On sensor PDAF for better continuous AF in video live mode? hopefully. Or is this too much to ask?

D9300 numbering in line with the new D3300 and D5300, so says Nikon Rumors in the April 2 speculation, and they claim a reliable source for a new DX camera.

If this was speculated on for April 1, why could say, but it was not. My bet is on a new DX camera, though. Wishful thinking on my part.

One way or another we will find out, when they finally announce a new camera. But, when?

When it is ready!:-)

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Fujifilm X-M1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow