ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jen003
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Sharp lenses for the Nikon D610
3 months ago

Hi everyone

I have a Nikon D300 with my favourite zoom lens 18-200, also an 80-400 zoom and a macro lens.

I would like to upgrade to the D610 which is full frame. I have heard that ultimately I will need to get new lenses so the question is, what is considered to be a really sharp lens?

In asking that I appreciate zoom lenses are not as sharp as primes. However, the reality is that a zoom lens fits my needs so well and I love the 18-200 to save the bother of changing lenses but don't believe it to be so sharp either. On re-reading, this sounds really lazy but I don't want to miss the shot fiddling around.

Right, so over to you and hope someone can help. I've said it before, I am just not very technical if you could keep the answer simple please. Apologies in advance to who that offends.

Cheers, Jen

Jen003's gear list:Jen003's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D300 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR +1 more
ANSWER:
Nikon D300 Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow