Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
M4ENY
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
Need help first time DSLR or Mirrorless Buyer
8 months ago

Hi I'd like to say I am happy to be part of this community and I am looking forward to your recommendations and advices for my first DSLR or mirrorless camera. I am finally ready to jump into photography as one of my serious hobbies but currently i don't have any bodies or lens with me.

I have been taking pictures with simple point and shoot camera and more recently just my iPhone.

My budget is up to 1500 ( or 2000 but rather avoid this since I am a student) for both body and lens.

The cameras that I have narrowed down to are :

Pentax K-3 <- I think this is an awesome body but the body alone is almost 1500 including tax.

Nikon d7100 <- I can get this body with 18 ~ 140mm VR DX kit for just over 1500 including tax.

Nikon d5300 <- This was interesting since it is very similar to d7100 (Not as good I am guessing) but I can get it with the same 18 ~ 140 mm kit lens for 1200 including tax

Canon 70D <- this I believe has the best video function due to its autofocus but I had more people leaning me towards d7100.

Canon 5dmk ii (Used body which goes around 1300 ~ 1500) <- this was my friend's recommendation but I am clueless to what I should be looking for when buying a second hand gear.

Sony A6000 <- I thought this is great since it is 900 with kit lens but has ape-c sensor and crazy 11 fps and autofocus coverage ( I maybe making a nooby mistake of getting hyped by these features lol)

Another thing to mention is I need to get the camera asap so that I can bring it with me on a overseas trip. (which was the reason why i was interested in Sony A6000 due to its light weight and smaller size without sacrificing too much in image quality<- I may be wrong about this one)

M4ENY's gear list:M4ENY's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Apple iPhone 4S
ANSWER:
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 70D Nikon D5300 Nikon D7100 Pentax K-3 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow