m4/3 not allowed on Lower Antelope Canyon photo tour

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
gregbartgis
Regular MemberPosts: 211Gear list
Like?
Re: m4/3 not allowed on Lower Antelope Canyon photo tour
In reply to Skeeterbytes, 5 months ago

What I'd like to understand is this - does this cat Rockwell OWN the Grand Canyon? I thought it was a national park - ie public property. No one has the right - including government officials - to tell you you can't take photographs - no matter what. It is, strictly speaking, a first amendment right. You are on public property and Mr. Rockwell has no more business telling you you can't take pictures - for any reason - than George Washington does (or Barack Obama or Carl Rove). I'm guessing he runs a popular guide service. It's fine if he prohibits photography under his guidance, but I'd find another guide. I'll never submit to someone like him telling me what to use. I don't know if there are other guides in the canyon, but I'd take a hard look at what his rights are in telling you that you can't take pictures because he doesn't like what you're shooting with. Since he's licensed to run his operation by the US government, his restrictions are probably illegal - even if he puts it in writing. It's a first amendment violation and I'd look into it. Rather, you should as I wouldn't pay for him to waste my trip.

-- hide signature --

The elimination of the mirror has introduced a new concept into the interchangeable lens digital camera market - compactness (kind of like what happened when Oscar Barnack created the Leica).

gregbartgis's gear list:gregbartgis's gear list
Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +38 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow