Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JamesSLock
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
The Sony A7, 4 months of usage - My thoughts, photos and not much of a review
8 months ago

I preordered the A7 when it was announced not really knowing what to expect, all I knew was that it was small, perfect for travel, worked via adaptor with my current canon/m42 lenses and was full frame, I sold my 5D mk2 and hoped for the best.

I've been using the camera for 4 months now while traveling Europe and to put together some thoughts, for me its not all about specs and features, its about how it feels to use on a day to day basis.

Lenses I use with the A7:

• Sony FE 35mm f2.8
  • Canon Sigma 50mm f1.4
  • Canon 17-40mm f4 L
  • 135mm m42 Pentacon f2.8
  • 50mm f2.8 M42 Carl Zeiss Jena DDR

Includes various photos of how the various lenses look mounted on the system along with some real world photos of how they shoot.

Sony A7 - 4 months in

Hope its of use to anyone looking at buying the A7 or a decent travel camera.

TLDR: It’s small, it’s light, it focuses faster than a hipster to a thrift store sale and the image quality rocks.

It’s perfect for what I require; a fast, interchangeable, full frame camera, that takes up hardly any space within my bag.

It might not look as sexy as the x100s or shoot as well in low light as the 5D but I’ve fallen in love with it. Sony did something right for a change.

JamesSLock's gear list:JamesSLock's gear list
Sony Alpha 7
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X100S Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow