I've been lusting for a new camera, but only now have I an inkling what I truly want.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
dinoSnake
Senior MemberPosts: 1,000
Like?
Re: I've been lusting for a new camera, but only now have I an inkling what I truly want.
In reply to millardmt, 5 months ago

millardmt wrote:

This thread is old news and hopefully that's what it'll remain. (It's not worth reading now: I simply revealed myself to be a bizarro gearhead with a fetish for over-the-top construction quality.)

Surprisingly, not only did the great majority of you not rip me a new one, most of you simply told me to take two aspirin and buy a Leica in the morning. I did explain that I just don't have the necessary 'red dot' mentality, but what I haven't had a chance to say is just how much I appreciate the 'kid gloves' treatment that I had from nearly all of you. Perhaps you were all so apprehensive about my obvious mental fragility that you thought it wouldn't withstand any real abuse ...

You know, for years I'd had warnings about you DPR people. All I can conclude is that you must have been collectively sharpening your canines on the particular evening of my post. But whatever the real reason for your mercy, I do feel much appreciative of your forbearance.

Marc

(I'm still crazy. M)

My only entry into this is that I believe it is a shame that you discount one of your best choices simply based on looks - the Fuji X-T1.  I held it today for the first time and IMHO it is the closest to film SLR camera feel and design that has yet come out in the digital era so far (in this case, the look and feel of a Kyrocera Contax, for those never lucky enough to handle one during their apex).  Design, feel, controls, viewfinder size, body size - all looks and feels like a mid-upper line Contax SLR (not quite a RTSII, but more substantial than the 139).  It is a VERY likeable design.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
35SNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow