Wanted a GH4 to replace my GH3 so bought a GX7...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robonrome
Senior MemberPosts: 1,312Gear list
Like?
Wanted a GH4 to replace my GH3 so bought a GX7...
8 months ago

since I got the GH3 and 2.8 zooms a year ago I thought I'd finally got my GAS problem under control, really felt I'd found what I was after and haven't been tempted to buy anything other than the 14-140mk2 (for travel) in the interim…

that said, I've been excited by the advent of the GH4 and been thinking I need to offload the GH3 now before prices start to really drop (my assumption only) as the GH4 hits the shelves.

then thought it'll probably be well into May before the GH4 gets here (Australia) so I'll need a m43 camera in the meantime right… always wanted to try the GX7 and came across a great deal on a black version after a few cans of Kilkenny on Sat night… amazing how much easier it is to push that Buy Now button under those conditions...

So GX7 "in transit"...

Then looking around on where I might pre-order the GH4 and found one local dealer who is taking pre-orders for $1699au… as we're only US 92c right now that's quite a bargain so instead of waiting have banged down deposit and am now 3rd on the waiting list...

which all boils down to I'm heading for new camera overload, and I better go an start taking pics of my GH3 now to sell it otherwise before I know it I'll be sitting with three m43 cameras on my lap feeling poor and less than clever.

anyway, plan is to have the GX7 as a lightweight kit with my small primes and the larger GH4 coupled with the 2.8 zooms and the 7-14. If this works out it may finally be time too to sell off the Canon Full Frame kit.

hopefully I can get the GX7 functionally setup in a similar way to the GH3/4 for easy movement between the two.

robonrome's gear list:robonrome's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow