Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Redlegvzv
Regular MemberPosts: 110
Like?
First impressions, Nikon 18-300 VR lens
6 months ago

I selected the Nikon 18-300VR lens as my "one lens to do all" vacation lens to go together with my Nikon D5300.  We have a couple of trips planned where I will be taking a lot of photographs and will not be in a position to take a lot of gear.  I don't mind walking around with a DSLR in my hands, but I can't be changing or hauling my whole kit bag.  After playing with the 18-300 VR in the store, I decided that it was not too big or bulky for this application.  After walking around with it a fair amount for the last weekend, I still think that.  While not small, the lens is not especially heavy and balances pretty well on the D5300.

As luck would have it, it was a hazy weekend with harsh, hazy light.  I did manage to get down to the local ecological reserve to shoot some quick bird shots, and I was pretty happy with my first attempts with the 18-300VR.

Anyway, these were quick and dirty shots, slightly adjusted in Lightroom 5 but mostly NEFs right out of the camera.  The D5300 autofocus worked fine for the bottom photo and enabled me to catch this fast-moving subject in flight.

-- hide signature --

Redlegvzv

Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow