Inconsistent aperture rings

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Beat Traveller
Regular MemberPosts: 384Gear list
Like?
Re: Inconsistent aperture rings
In reply to DocetLector, 3 months ago

DocetLector wrote:

I really don`t understand why Fuxi`s X lenses are so inconsistent about their aperture rings. The aperture has to be selected in 3 different ways let say using 14, 18-55 and 27 mm lens.

I can barely understand the 27mm having no aperture ring but I cannot at all understand why are the rings on 18-55 and 55-200 unmarked! The big advantage of dedicated and marked dials - you can check your setting just with a short glance at your camera from above whitout even switching on the camera!

The 27mm was supposed to be a 'pancake' lens - adding an aperture ring would increase the lens length by about a centimeter.

It is a pain having to check the settings in the camera, but they would have to come up with a really weird design to make it work for the two zooms. Because it's not mechanically coupled it would be particularly difficult.

Beat Traveller's gear list:Beat Traveller's gear list
Nikon D60 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow