Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sun_tzu1
Regular MemberPosts: 185
Like?
Considering Fuji, have 3Q’s
3 months ago

I have a Canon 5D (original) with several prime L lenses, still love this system except when I travel (way too much weight).

Planning an Ireland trip later in the year, and I’ve been looking for lighter weight quality systems. I want a system with very shallow DOF and rich color through quality lenses.

Questions:

1)      The weight and price of the 18/2.0 and 35/1.4 lenses are significantly below the 23/1.4 and 56/1.2, are they plastic or significantly lower quality lenses? What’s making the 23 & 56 weigh so much more and cost more – better quality glass?

2)      Any Canon L users out there that can comment how these lenses compare to the 35L, 50L, 85/1.8, and 135L?

3)      Considering the X-Pro1, X-T1, or the X-E2. Is the expectation that the Pro1 is near to being replaced with a Pro2 or is the T1 meant to be that upgrade? Not afraid to buy an older design (see that I still use the original 5D), but if a new design is near …

Thank you,

Jeff Smith

Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow