Some say, Pentax DX bodies are SO capable, they blow Nikon FX away...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
vbuhay
Contributing MemberPosts: 528Gear list
Like?
Re: Some say, Pentax DX bodies are SO capable, they blow Nikon FX away...
In reply to SkvLTD, 4 months ago

I do own and have used both K ands F systems. In my opinion as an overall experience Nikon DX is better for most of the criteria (Lens availability variety, IQ, usability) plus third party support than the Pentax DX. One area that Pentax might be better is size and weight, but I can live with Nikon's larger and or heavier units. Another advantage of Pentax Vibration Control In Body method - thus all the available lenses are VR capable making the lenses cost less (maybe?) and weight less.

As far as FX is concern, Pentax is a no show. The main reason for this I believe is the fact that Pentax has the In Body Vibration Control making their legacy (FX) lenses incompatible (maybe less compatible would be a better description) with FX format using In Body VC method.

Because of the fierce competition in this DSLR type, decisions of the users which systems to use is affected by the question of Pentax brand survival. I held out for the longest time with the K system, in the end I just could not wait any longer thus I started to move over to the F system. Still have all of my K equipment, just incase they come up with an FX Body.

I  know I could not convince you, but if you can, try shooting with a D800e and the AF-S 400mm or the 200mm f2.0 or the 14-24mm f2.8 and you will know what I mean. I think the results will impress you.

Good luck.

vbuhay's gear list:vbuhay's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow