Nikon is not afraid of the 645 Z

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,799Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon is not afraid of the 645 Z
In reply to Petroglyph, 8 months ago

Petroglyph wrote:

If Ricoh would drop the price to around 4000$ and Convince Samyang to offer, say, a 28 f/2, 58 f/2, and 98 f/2.8 Macro that might get some attention. Now most realize the camera at 10000 and new 28mm (also very expensive), it is just too far out of reach for serious consideration. This is probably why Nikon wouldn't care.

Cheers.

If Ricoh would just hand me a $1000 check I would be happy too.  I am sure Ricoh would lose at least that much selling 645Z cameras for $4000.  Why would Ricoh have any interest in convincing Samyang to make lenses for them and lose any profit off their lenses?

It is only too far out of reach for some buyers, there are many (their market) that wouldn't think twice about spending $30k on a system, that is a deal next to some of the other medium format cameras.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow