Kelby has gone too far now - Launches Canon In Action Tour.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
JaPu
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
Re: Kelby has gone too far now - Launches Canon In Action Tour.
In reply to G3User, 8 months ago

Lot of people hint that Kelby is simply motivated by money - could be. He also could be motivated by the brand image.

I'm a long term Nikon user (D300, D90, D700 and regrettably D600). Invested +10k for various Nikon lenses, among them 14-24, 24-70, 70-200, Zeiss 85 etc.

Being one of the first D600 buyers, and seriously p--off by oil/dust problem and Nikon's denial, I nowadays advice everybody to sign on for Canon. Nikon latest D600 saga for fixes are too late. How much residual value you really think my 2.000 USD D600 body is now worth in trade in? 800 USD? After 2 years...

Yes, I know Canon has a history with their own product problems, but Nikon as a company (read Nikon management's view on "customer service") and its continuos denial of product problems is too much for me.  And I suspect that many professionals read this the same way. Frankly,  if you were a pro, which brand (Nikon/Canon) on the long term you would trust more to deliver your pro needs?

Don't blame Kelby and other pros who made the switch, blame Nikon's amateurish management.

JaPu

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
JeezNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow