Ricoh GR battery and charger questions

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Felix11
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Like?
Re: Ricoh GR battery and charger questions
In reply to Felix11, 5 months ago

After much internet searching I am going to get one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BTBAI%C2%AE-battery-charger-DB-60-Digital/dp/B00ECBSS2A/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1396473707&sr=1-6&keywords=BTBAI+ricoh+gr

Even if the battery is no good, the charger should be worth the money.

My research shows that the 'cut out' on the Ricoh GR batteries is larger (60% of battery) than that on the earlier models (only 25%). Therefore some batteries intended as replacement for the DB-60 or CGA-S005 will not fit the GR, whilst others will be tight.

Two well known brands, Duracell and Energizer, both make batteries which may fit.

The Duracell site specifically says they are not GR compatible but some users report success (rumours of 2 versions of the same Duracell battery seem a bit far fetched to me).

Some users have reported success with the Energizer battery however it is a tight fit, unlike the Ricoh original.

With other branded or unbranded products (i.e. Patona) you can see from the product shots that the cut-out is not the correct depth.

The Wasabi alternative does not seem to be available on Amazon UK.

Hope this saves somebody some time.

Felix11's gear list:Felix11's gear list
Ricoh GR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow