No D700 - Did Canon play this particular hand better?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
SkvLTD
Regular MemberPosts: 110Gear list
Like?
Re: Dont fear the 36MP
In reply to Silverstreaks, 6 months ago

Silverstreaks wrote:

I could not agree more I always chuckle about those that bleat on about oh I don't think I can deal with a 36MP files the D800/E will produce. Well my answer to that is just see what those files contain. Files size will soon be forgotten about. Since giving up on MF film equipment during the early 2000's I've been back and forward between Canon and Nikon equipment and have been using the D800 for just about two years now and in my opinion its the finest piece of kit I've ever handled. Frame rate is not a priority but detail in images is. Mind you I don't go out and shoot hundreds of images that's not my style. On a good day 20 - 30 images of which I may want process less than ten. Both Ram and Terabyte are back to attractive prices and handling D800 files has never been easier.

Agreed. At the end of the day, quality is everything and the highest quality wins.

SkvLTD's gear list:SkvLTD's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow