Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Drew83076
Regular MemberPosts: 220Gear list
Like?
My Unusaul X-T1 Story
8 months ago

There I was... I bought my X-T1 the first week of March and quickly realized my camera was affected by the light leak issue. I was a little annoyed that my newly acquired camera needed to be repaired, but it wasn't a big deal since Fuji was providing a quick turn around. I called Fuji 12 days later to get an update on my X-T1 repair since I really wanted to have it when I depart for Rome this Friday. After waiting about 5 minutes for the repair rep to provided me an update, he politely asked me to call back tomorrow as he needed to locate my camera. I called back the following day and the next repair rep gave me the same response, but he said he'll call me back instead. Later that day, he called me back to let me know they located my X-T1 and I'll receive it tomorrow (which is today).

I came home from work today to find my X-T1 waiting for me at my front door and thought, wow, that's not very secure. Anyway, I was happy and excited to have my camera back before my vacation in 2 days. I opened the box and there's my X-T1 wrapped in plastic between 2 sheets of foam... I thought to myself, "man, she's sexy!" I attached the 18-55 kit lens and put a charged battery inside and... nothing. Yes, it turned on, but that's about it. For some reason the shutter wouldn't release. Not only that, but the AF wasn't working. I performed the typical trouble shooting procedures like, turning the camera off/on, reset, lens swap, off/on, reset again, and still, nothing changed. I realized the camera wasn't acknowledging a lens was attached and would only release the shutter if the camera was set to "shoot without lens." I called Fuji Repair Center again and explained the problem I was experiencing and Fuji requested that I send the camera back to them for repairs. ARE YOU SERIOUS!

I called the camera shop that sold me the X-T1 and they happily exchanged it for me with the only X-T1 kit in the store. Now my story has a happy ending.

For those of you that recently got their X-T1s repaired I suggest examining it thoroughly for any additional issues. A few owners have reported minor issues with there X-T1 that wasn't a problem before it went in for repairs. I still think Fuji is a great company, so this is not to slander them in anyway. Fuji was extremely helpful in ensuring I received my X-T1 before my vacation (despite the that fact that it didn't work properly). I just happy things worked out.

Anyway, happy shooting!

-- hide signature --

Drew830

Drew83076's gear list:Drew83076's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +11 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow