symbology
Regular MemberPosts: 223
Like?
Re: a6000 External Flash?
In reply to osv, 8 months ago

osv wrote:

symbology wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

What would be the point of TTL/ADI in bounce mode?

Because it still works?

As far as I know, only HSS will not work when in a bounce orientation.

no hss means no ttl.

the flash automatically reverts to x-sync speed max when the head is pointed upwards.

which means that on the a7r you would only get ttl up to 1/160th... pointing the flash upwards basically cripples the camera, the shutter won't go beyond 1/160th, period.

i don't recall ever having that problem with pentax.

adi only works with lenses that have distance encoders, so i guess that means only the very latest sony glass(??).

you lose adi entirely when the flash is wired up off-camera.

lots of limitations with the sony flash system.

-- hide signature --

dan

"no hss means no ttl."

Are you sure?

HSS does not work because with the higher SS there really is not enough light to bounce off of anything anyway. I can also see why ADI would not longer work.

TTL has always worked as far as I can tell. I have been able to bounce off of walls and ceilings using TTL.  Depending on what I am bouncing off of, flash exposure compensation might be required. That is an easy adjustment to make.

One of the great things about using the Odin's is I get HSS while the flash is in any bounce orientation. I really, really like the Odin's. I set my flashes on TTL and HSS and I just shoot away. If needed, any flash output adjustment can be made on the Odin, or on the camera by way of flash exposure compensation.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow