What is YOUR market like?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
nikoboivin
Regular MemberPosts: 150Gear list
Like?
Re: thank you. So how large a market is needed?
In reply to BrianYarvin, 7 months ago

BrianYarvin wrote:

I suspect that at least a few of the photographers in Quebec City are actively marketing in Montreal too. I'd also bet that a smaller number of aggressive commercial shooters are getting work in Toronto and New York or maybe even London and Paris. Like the wild country of Western PA, Quebec City has a look and feel that makes photos shot there appear to be in a whole other part of the world.

I know this to be right for some.  I know of a few photographers who are indeed getting Part/most of their jobs outside the "regular" Quebec market.  I've recently talked with one who sold his studio in Quebec to his assistant because he's getting more and more jobs in Vancouver due to clients there raving about him.  Mind you, Vancouver is a mere 3200 miles drive from Quebec, so it's no big deal.

But yeah, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto are all markets for the bigger players in my market.  The same is true on the other side, many Montreal wedding photographers are marketting in Quebec because of the many people coming to the Chateau Frontenac and such for their wedding.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
???New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow