Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson
Contributing MemberPosts: 616Gear list
Like?
Ok, I will look into that, the 7-14
In reply to jeffharris, 5 months ago

jeffharris wrote:

Fredrik Glckner wrote:

Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson wrote:

I may be wrong, so yeah, maybe I should look at the 7-14 or the 9-18? I'm willing to learn and listen to advice....

Since you must have a fixed max aperture, something I think is hard to understand, I think the choice is clear: the 7-14mm lens.

Absolutely! The 7-14mm is the way to go. I rarely have problems with it's f4-ness.

I use it for my interior architectural and design work. The 7mm end is great for shooting interiors. It takes a bit of practice to learn to work with it, but results can be fantastic. A monopod or leaning against things works great if I don't have a tripod or there isn't space for one… that can be a real problem for small New York City apartments!

It also makes an excellent and extremely flexible travel lens. Street shooting, too.

I think this is good advice... a lens that will complement my other lenses... thank you guys ...

In other news, just ordered the Sigma 60 f/2.8 - $250 including shipping / eBay ...  that should take care of the portrait range ...  

-- hide signature --
 Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson's gear list:Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow